At St. Bernard’s, students are formally assessed with results which are reported home to parents and carers twice a year. At the end of the academic year, parents and carers receive an average of the two rounds of tracking data alongside a full written report by each students’ subject teacher. Alongside our parents’ evenings and end of year form tutor meeting, we hope that this will give you an accurate picture of what your child has achieved throughout the year.
We aim to create:
- An effective and accurate assessment system which supports breadth and depth of learning, with a greater focus on skills development.
- A connected system which links Key Stages 2, 3 and 4 to promote a smooth transition and challenge in learning.
- A consistent approach to assessment of students’ work at all levels.
Process of Assessment
There are four important stages in the process:
- The accurate assessment of the students
- The moderation of assessments
- The collection and processing of data
- The analysis and use of the data to inform progression
The Assessment Team:
Vice Principal Standards – Jayne Collins
Data & Curriculum Manager – Melissa Lockwood
Head of Year 11 – Maria Vallance
Head of Year 10 – Matthew Hunt
Head of Year 9 – Aileen Senior
Head of Year 8 – Connor Dobbs
Head of Year 7 – Sarah Ridgway