At St Bernard’s, we are committed to providing an inclusive education for all students.
- Our teachers are provided with regular training and the tools to support students’ learning in the classroom and to meet the individual needs of all children.
- Our pastoral team provide continued support to all students who are facing difficulties with their social, emotional and mental health. In addition to this, students are supported with difficulties at home, such as bereavement.
- We liaise closely with parents and carers to ensure that we are working in partnership to support our students through their education.
- We quickly identify underachievement and the reasons for this, in order to implement bespoke interventions to remove barriers to learning.
- We make adjustments to the curriculum and the timetable in order to meet the individual needs of every child.
- Our attendance team ensure that students are supported in accessing their education and provide support in removing any barriers to attending school.
- We work closely with external agencies in order to ensure a ‘joined-up’ approach to the holistic support of our students.
- For further information, please refer to the relevant sections of the inclusion offer on our website.